Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Nothing going on, I'm just Lost!

It has snowed again. More snow is headed here tonight. The reports are varied for our area. Some forecasters are saying a dusting. Some are saying we should get 1 to 3 inches. My husband called from work today to tell me he heard 6 inches overnight. I doubt anyone will know for sure until after it has already happened. But, in the meantime, a situation has developed at my house.

The situation is: Nothing.

Nothing is new. I have not gone anywhere interesting in the past week. Nothing interesting has happened in my life. My daughter goes to school and comes home. We can't go outside, so we just sit inside and do inside things. We have made so many art projects I don't think our rugs will ever recover. We have read every book we own. And we watch tv. We watch a lot of tv. Too much tv. I can now sing the theme song to Spongebob Squarepants from memory, and do often.

My husband and I have also discovered a show. We have started watching Lost. This always happens to me. I will get on the bandwagon and start watching a hit tv show that is gripping the nation, but I will usually start watching well after the rest of the country has discovered it. I don't think I started watching Friends until season 3 or 4. I didn't get into Weeds until about halfway through season 2. This is a personal record for me, getting into a show as it is starting it's last season. Season 6.

What the heck is wrong with me? Why on earth didn't I discover it before? It is a cultural phenomenon. Such is the power of this show, it has the ability to affect when the PRESIDENT gives his STATE OF THE UNION speech. Now that is power. Fifty years from now, will the high school history books devote a paragraph in the Obama chapter to how he rescheduled the speech as so not to conflict with America finding out whether the hydrogen bomb detonated, effectively wiping out 6 seasons of drama on a mysterious South Pacific Island. I guess we will find out.

Anyway, since through the magic of NetFlix we are only just finishing season 1, I don't think we are going to catch up in time to watch tonight's season premiere. I am tempted to watch it anyway, as I have read ahead and know basically what is going on, although I have no idea who any of the new characters are.

Anything, I guess, to keep me busy while it snows. I really can't wait until spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment