Monday, December 28, 2009

Should Have Asked for a Canoe!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas this year!
Did you get everything you wanted?

I should have asked for a boat of some kind.

I can understand that my house sits a mere 10 feet above sea level. I can understand that a short drive to the west from my house brings me to major bodies of water. I really can.

The day after Christmas, Santa brought me a moat for my house. My very own moat! It completely surrounded the house and connected to my very own backyard lake, also a gift from the big red man.

It also started to seep a little bit into the basement.

My very own Venice, right here in Maryland. I am so lucky.

Who would have thought that two feet of holiday snow would melt so fast in 40 degree weather? And who would have thought that the two feet of snow, melting into already saturated ground a mere 10 feet from the water table, would have no where to go?

I should look on the bright side. I have always wanted to live waterfront, now I do.

I'm just saying, I should've asked for a canoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment