Saturday, January 2, 2010

What I don't want out of 2010

Happy New Year, Everyone! Hope your holiday was happy! Instead of making a list of New Years resolutions for myself, I have decided to make a list of resolutions for the new year. In other words, these are the things that bugged me in 2009, that 2010 must improve on to not irritate me. I came up with this list last night and I am sure many of you will agree with me that some things need to not continue into the next year.

1. Pressing 1 for English and getting someone who speaks English with an non-understandable accent. I pressed 1 for English. How is that so hard to understand?

2. People who verbally say "OMG" or "WTF". I'm sorry, would you rather be texting me instead?

Which brings me to. . .

3. Little kids who text. Who are you texting, anyway? Your broker?

4. People who cut me off mid-sentence to text someone else. texting annoys me, can you tell. Probably because I can't afford to do it anyway.

And now for the non-texting resolutions for 2010:

5. People who try to find love on television. VH1 and E!: this is for you!

6. When my favorite shows change their formats and end up ruining themselves. I am calling this the "new coke" strategy. Why fix what isn't broken. A perfect example is American Idol. After all this time they changed to a four judge panel, and they were too busy being impressed that they could all talk on tv that we never really got to see anyone sing.

7. Ugg boots and bare legs. I own a pair, and my personal opinion is if it is cold enough to wear them, it's probably time to throw on a pair of tights.

And now to end with a personal resolution of my own.

8. I resolve to try to ignore the 7 issues addressed above, since I will probably confront all of them again in 2010. And I will eat more vegetables.

Have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment